The course strengthens English language skills in the four areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening while focusing on learning and analysing 3 popular novels: Of Mice and Men, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, and Animal Farm. These range of texsts vary from different periods, styles, genres and contexts which endeavour to enhance students’ understanding of how ideas are presented by analysing form, purpose, context, structure and langauge.
- Understand the summary of the text: a key reading strategy skill
- Themes and ideas, setting and context: help students fully comprehend the views and values of the author and overall meaning of the text
- Understand the characters – role and purpose of each character
- Build upon the students’ knowledge of literary devices by adding complexity to their analysis;
- Students learn to produce an analytical piece based on the novels: how to effectively use details from the text and engage in reading, improve students’ critical thinking skills as well as express their thoughts in writing
- Synthesise ideas and explanation to develop an interpretation of their own
100% satisfaction policy means any student can have a trial class for any group class provided by RL Education. If the student isn’t satisfied with the trial class, then no payment will be requested; If the student is satisfied with the trial class and wants to continue, then the student needs to pay for the trial class and register for one term/half year/full year program. Please note the 100% satisfaction policy is for GROUP CLASS only.
The Pre-VCE/HSC/IB is provide for students who are in year 9-10.During this course, students will gain a solid base in Mathematics, English and Science to build on and implement in their Year 11-Year 12 learning.
All courses are available online and onsite simultaneously. Provided to students who live too far away to come to the campus, they can choose online courses.
Looking for a specific class? Check out our schedule for all dates and times.